About HomeRiver Group
HomeRiver Group (“HomeRiver”) http://homeriver.com/ is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to investors in the single-family and multifamily rental markets. HomeRiver Group was formed in 2016 by combining several leading single-family-rental property management companies from around the country. Already one of the largest property management platforms in the United States, HomeRiver continues to grow both organically and through tuck-in acquisitions in its current markets and add-on acquisitions of best-in-class regional and local property management companies in new markets across the country. HomeRiver’s multistate footprint and unified national platform position it to provide clients with a unique combination of deep local market knowledge and centralized operational, asset management and reporting capabilities.
In conjunction with the formation of HomeRiver in 2016, TZP Group (“TZP”), a private equity firm based in New York, made a majority investment in HomeRiver. TZP has reserved additional capital to support growth of the business including tuck-in and add-on acquisitions.
Founded in 2007, TZP is focused on investments in consumer and business services companies. TZP has more than $1.3 billion of capital under management across three funds. TZP aims to be a “Partner of Choice” for entrepreneurial owners and management teams by taking an active, collaborative and creative approach to maximizing value in each investment. TZP invests primarily in closely held, private companies where the owners desire to retain a significant stake and partner with an investor with complementary operating and financial skills to accelerate company growth, increase profitability and maximize the value of their retained stake.
Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing HR strategy in support of HomeRiver’s overall mission and strategic direction. This is a broad ranging role which includes (1) performing traditional HR-related activities to support regional and Corporate business leaders in their ongoing duties, (2) facilitating the company’s rapid growth and acquisitions program by executing HR integration and on-boarding, and (3) helping to develop the company’s overall HR strategy and architecture. As part of the lean executive team of a rapidly-growing company, the Director of Human Resources’s role will be both tactical and strategic and will play an influential part in the company’s success.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, change management, employee onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the management of each regional division regarding key organizational and management issues
- Oversee the company’s relationships with key HR-related external service providers (e.g. PEOs, benefits providers, etc.) and step in to temporarily cover any capability or service gaps
- Manage and help execute administrative HR tasks including payroll processing and benefits enrollment
- Coordinate and complete HR integration efforts related to acquisitions; oversee the project implementation timelines and update integration project plans as needed.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively support the firm’s mission and strategic vision; oversee special projects related to HR; recommend and design new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve company efficiency
- Conduct recruitment efforts, writing and placing advertisements, and monitoring employee career development
- Further company culture in ways that improve work relationships, build morale, enhance productivity, and improve retention.
- Administer the compensation program, develop a systematic performance evaluation process
- Assist with the HR & Benefit due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Handle employee relations consulting, exit interviewing, and incident resolution
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Participate in planning and integrations calls for Human Resources and cross-functional delivery teams for projects.
- Articulate HR needs and plans to the executive management team and the board of directors.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business, Human Resources or other relevant areas
- Experience with M&A environments
- At least 5 years of combined experience in Project Management and Human Resources
- Consulting and client relations experience, preferred
- Experience building start-up or other fast-growing company, preferred
- Experience working on project team responsible for implementations or process improvements
- History of on-boarding or converting new clients onto existing HR systems and best practices
- Experience in benefit and policy integration
- Experience in implementing a successful performance evaluation and feedback system
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, team collaboration and execution skills including the ability to make mid-course corrections
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to multi-task and perform in a fast paced and growing environment
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to personally execute time-sensitive, tactical-level tasks if and when needed
- Skilled in managing dependencies, identifying critical paths, assessing and managing risks
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Proven leadership, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly pick up a technical understanding of solutions for internal clients and communicate those
- Excellent judgment, prioritization, organizational, and communication skills
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the Human Resources and Benefits fields and various regulations that govern benefits
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in Human Resource information systems
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws required, including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills appropriate for various levels including management, staff, contractors and outside clients; ability to explain both verbally and in writing findings of the analysis conducted
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Compensation and Other Considerations
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, matching 401k, and flexible PTO
- HomeRiver Group is a national company and open to candidates residing in multiple markets where we currently operate or plan to soon be present
- Willingness to travel 15-40% of the time, concentrated around the time of business acquisitions
About HomeRiver Group
HomeRiver Group is an integrated national platform offering world-class property management services to owners and tenants in the single family and small multifamily rental markets. HomeRiver’s mission is to be the premier national residential property management company in the United States, offering acquisition, renovation, leasing, management, maintenance and brokerage. We are intently focused on serving both owners and tenants, and are dedicated to a culture of integrity, superlative performance and respect
Already one of the largest property management platforms in the United States, HomeRiver continues to grow, both organically and through portfolio acquisitions in its own markets and by acquiring best-in-class regional and local property management companies in other markets across the country. HomeRiver’s multistate footprint and unified national platform position it to provide clients with a unique combination of deep local market knowledge and centralized operational, asset management, and reporting capabilities.
Interested candidates should email their resumes and a short letter of interest to email@example.com